This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to maintain focus and sustain attention as well as to use senses to explore and interact with the environment.
- Diaper wipes container (plastic) or shoe box
- Aluminum foil
- Pine cones
- Sensory balls
- Small instruments
- Any other items that have texture or make sound
Participants: This activity is intended for independent play or adult/child interaction.
- If using a shoe box, first cut a hole in the top of the box.
- Collect a variety of materials and add to the box, closing the lid.
- Reach into the box to feel and try to identify the object before taking it out of the box
Extension: Continue to change the objects inside the box.