This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to start maintaining focus and attention.
- Empty plastic milk or juice container
- Paper towel rolls
- Masking or painters tape
- Ribbon, scarves, old neck ties or fabric cut into 12 inch strips
Participants: This activity does not require adult interaction.
- Cut the side of the plastic container so that it is easy to put a ribbon, scarf, or fabric inside. Also cut a hole in the bottom of the container that is a 2 inch wide circle.
- Tape the plastic container to the wall. Line up a paper towel roll under the hole on the bottom of the container and tape the paper towel roll to the wall.
- Start with a scarf or ribbon and pull it through each hole like you see in the picture. Have some additional ribbons, scarves, and fabric available to encourage your child to try moving other things through the holes.