This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to listen to, understand, and respond to communication from others.
- Clear storage container
- LED lights or flashlight
- Translucent plastic bracelets or other bangle bracelets
- Small toys (small enough to fit in the bracelet)
Participants: This activity does require parent interaction for language learning. The materials can be explored by children.
- Place flashlight or LED lights in the clear storage container and secure the lid on top.
- Place bracelets and small toys on top of the storage container lid.
- As you and your child play, use position words to help your child learn the meaning of the words. Here are some examples:
- The toy is in the bracelet.
- The toy is under the bracelet.
- I’m moving the bracelet over the toy.