This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to use hands and fingers to explore and interact with the environment.
- Basket or tray
- Common household objects or natural materials, plastic spoon, soft fabric, smooth wood, mirror, etc.
- *Choose objects that have no sharp edges and don’t pose a choking hazard.
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Show your baby the objects in the basket. Encourage them to feel and explore the objects.
- Hold each object and say its name clearly.
- Respond with a smile to your child’s attempts to mimic your words.