This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to understand and follow rules and routines.
- Tea or other favorite beverages
- A favorite snack or treat
- Tea set or tray, cups, and saucers
- Favorite book
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction or 2 or more participants/players.
- Let your child help you prepare food and beverages. Set them on a table or coffee table.
- Show your child how to pour and serve the beverages and treats. Serve your child and ask your child to serve you.
- Enjoy the treats together as you read a book.
Learn More: Teach your child basic graces and courtesies. Ask your child to help with simple household tasks, such as watering plants, making beds, setting the table, or unloading the dishwasher. Break tasks down into steps and demonstrate the steps.