- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of salt
- 1 tablespoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 5 drops of natural food coloring
- Mix together the flour, salt, and cream of tartar.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of warm water with a few drops of food coloring.
- Slowly pour the water into the flour mixture, stirring as you pour. Stir until combined, then knead with your hands until the flour is completely absorbed. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour until it doesn’t stick at all.
- Repeat the process for each color you’d like to make.
- Store in an airtight container with a lid for up to a week.
Notes: Mixing the food coloring with the water before combining with the dry ingredients allows you to blend them by stirring, without staining your hands.