This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to develop increasing care for self, others, and the environment.
- The story “The Little Red Hen” (Click Here if you don’t have the book available)
- Paper and writing utensils
- Plastic jar or container
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, and 2 or more participants/players
- Read the book “The Little Red Hen” or watch it read online Click Here
- Discuss with your child how the animals felt throughout the story.
- Brainstorm with your child ways they can help in the home, at school, or in the community.
- Create a “help jar” together. Write down ways to help others on individual pieces of paper and put them in a jar. Every day or week, have your child pull out one of the pieces of paper and commit to completing the helpful task.