This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to demonstrate knowledge of print and the alphabet.
- Alphabet stamps, stencils, or alphabet letters cut from old newspapers, magazines, etc.
- Glue or glue sticks
- Ink pads or writing tools if using stamps and stencils
Participants: This activity is intended for independent play or adult/child interaction.
- Arrange the letters on a table or other space.
- Encourage your child to choose letters to spell his or her name. Glue the letters on the paper.
- Make other words with the letters, write notes, or create an alphabet or word collage.