Bright Horizons Centers Continue to Create Inclusive Environments during Pride Month
June 9, 2021 – Bright Horizons centers are joyful, playful and inclusive communities. During Pride Month, centers take time to celebrate and reflect on the efforts and achievements of the LGBTQ+ community. Staff and teachers also take time to think about how children see themselves in the world and to celebrate the rich diversity within the children’s families.
Here are some things center teachers are doing to create a more inclusive classroom environment during Pride Month:
• Reflecting on Bright Horizons’ commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Reflecting on their personal perspectives and teaching practice
• Developing teaching practices that support an inclusive approach.
• Supporting family collaboration.
• Reading books that feature different types of families and identity & gender diversity.
• Asking the children to create All About Me books.
Learn more about Bright Horizons support of the LGBTQ+ community here.