Noodles & Company Partners with Bright Horizons to Offer Team Members Family-Friendly Benefits
December 8, 2020 – Restaurant chain Noodles & Company has partnered with Bright Horizons to offer employees in the Broomfield, Colorado home office and around the country new benefits in areas that matter the most to team members, including industry firsts like family planning, dependent care, education, wellness, expanded time off, and recognition initiatives for all team members.
All Noodles & Company team members, regardless of position, have access to Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports, with an extensive array of care and academic support benefits and deep discounts on services. Employees can access:
- Preferred enrollment at Bright Horizons centers and tuition discounts at participating network child care centers.
- A free premium membership to Sittercity providing access to caregivers, housekeepers and pet sitters, as well as access to caregivers who offer educational assistance and who can help create a local small group ‘Learning Pod’. Additionally, Years Ahead helps families find the right eldercare resources to fit their needs.
- Nanny-placement services through College Nannies, Sitters & Tutors to find a vetted full-time nanny, including those trained to support children learning at home.
- Discounted access to quality private tutoring plus expert live instruction in 3,000 academic subjects and enrichment classes, virtual learning pods, and more from Varsity Tutors.
- Discounts from Revolution Prep on highly-ranked virtual tutoring and test prep services delivered by professional tutors.
- Access to digital education resources for preschoolers from the MarcoPolo Learning app.
In addition, through its back-up dependent care assistance benefit, team members who are managers and above will now receive 10 days per year of back-up child, elder, or pet care to assist with unexpected situations, such as when an elderly relative takes a fall or a nanny gets ill.
“We are committed to investing in our team members by implementing benefits and opportunities that will support an inclusive and diverse environment where team members can thrive,” said Dave Boennighausen, chief executive officer of Noodles & Company. “Our growing list of industry-leading benefits opens doors and opportunities for team members both inside and outside of work. These new benefits help us to not only better serve our existing team members, but also help us appeal to a wider range of potential team members who've maybe never imagined that a job in food service can grow into a life-long career."