The Work-Life Equation Podcast Episode 27: The Motherhood Penalty is Real
It’s not your imagination — the Motherhood Penalty is real. Listen to real moms talk real experiences. And get the not-so-surprising secret from Bright Horizons CHRO Maribeth Bearfield — that the very thing you feel might be holding you back (motherhood!) turns out to be your biggest asset.
Resources: The Motherhood Penalty is Real
- 2:20: This year’s Modern Family Index research shows:
- Moms face a motherhood penalty at work
- Women are afraid to tell their bosses when they become pregnant
- 4:15: Moms carry mental load, too: 2017 Modern Family Index
- 5:15: Skills mom use at home transfer naturally to leadership positions at work:
- Calm in a crisis
- Being team players
- 9:00: See more Modern Family Index and working mom content: brighthorizons.com/mfipod
- 12:30: Read the Bright Horizons CHRO Maribeth Bearfield USA Today interview on the Modern Family Index.