Learn About Toddler Daycare
Learn About Toddler Daycare
Bright Horizons is More than Daycare
Early Education & Preschool for Toddlers
Choosing a toddler preschool is a big decision. Toddlers are making big developmental leaps every day, and you want a place where your child can test out new skills, wonder about the world, and learn how to make friends. Most of all, you want a place where teachers know they’re caring for the most important toddler in the world – yours. Bright Horizons provides toddler preschool with individualized learning plans that support the giant leaps of toddler years. Our compassionate teachers and welcoming environments make children feel comfortable as they explore and encounter new experiences.
Toddler Teachers who inspire a Love of Learning
The heart of every Bright Horizons toddler daycare center is our caring teachers. Passionate about early education, our teachers are focused on figuring out what motivates each child to learn and supporting their interests through ordinary moments and big milestones. To support our teachers and ensure the highest quality education in our toddler daycare programs, we offer a nationally recognized training program and tuition benefits that enable teachers to earn early education degrees for free. We are proud to be the first child care program to do so. It’s one more way that we invest in the care and education of your child.
Meet Our Teachers
The Bright Horizons® Difference
Proven Approach to Toddler Education
Research-informed curriculum designed by experienced educators to inspire children not just to learn, but to think, wonder, and question on their own.
Dedicated early childhood professionals fully engaged in teaching careers, who benefit from our award-winning training and ongoing support.
Support for the Whole Family
Thoughtfully and carefully designed centers, programs, and schedules – all created with the needs of both children and parents in mind.
What You Need to Know About Toddler Daycare
How can I find a toddler daycare near me?
Most Bright Horizons have care for children from 6 weeks to 6 years old. Learn about tuition, openings or schedule a meeting to visit our:
- Boston Daycare
- NYC Daycare
- Washington, DC Daycare
- Chicago Daycare
- San Francisco Daycare
- Los Angeles Daycare
- Seattle Daycare
Or, Search by Zip to find a Bright Horizons child care center in your local city.
What daycare programs does Bright Horizons have?
Our early education programs offer more than daycare. Our goal is not just to help children learn, but to cultivate the joy of learning. We are currently enrolling families in our:
- Infant care: Our newborn and baby daycare programs provide safe spaces, welcoming environments, and inspired caregivers that support all your baby’s developmental milestones.
- Toddler care: Our toddler preschool programs provide a place to test out and learn new skills, make new friends, and celebrate the joy of wonder and discovery.
- Preschool program: Our preschool classes are designed to prepare children for kindergarten and all the big steps ahead, supporting inquisitive young minds as they tackle new challenges, take chances, and experiment with new things.
- Pre-Kindergarten: Our kindergarten preparation programs support children during a time of enormous and exciting growth, building the academic, social, and physical skills that will get them ready for school.
- Summer camp: Through Summer Explorations at Bright Horizons®, your child will have the opportunity to enjoy everything summer has to offer.
How does a parent compare daycare programs?
Can a parent drop into a toddler daycare without an appointment?
Does Bright Horizons have a daycare waiting list? What do I do if I want to enroll in the toddler program but space is not available?
Is it safe to send my toddler to daycare?
Ask each child care provider you're considering to take the time to explain all health and safety policies to you. Consider asking:
1. How will you contact me if my toddler gets sick at daycare?
2. Can a mildly ill child (stuffy nose, cough) still come to daycare?
3. How do you decide if a child needs emergency medical care?
4. Are daycare staff trained in first aid and CPR?
5. How do you approach wellness, exercise, healthy eating and self-care for toddlers?
Bright Horizons is trusted by parents including many doctors and nurses, to care for their children. We’ve partnered with pediatric infectious disease specialist Dr. Kristin Moffitt of Boston Children’s Hospital to implement enhanced safety protocols for all areas including daily health screening, distancing, cleaning, and disinfecting. Our goal is to ensure that all of our health and safety practices in every center are in line with recommendations provided by the CDC and requirements of state and local municipalities. All Bright Horizons centers have the well-being of children, families, and staff at their core.
What about licensing inspections?
Are there specific philosophies in daycare?
Are lower child to teacher ratios always better?
The ideal child to caregiver ratio changes as children grow. An infant needs a lot of attention to thrive, whereas a preschooler needs more freedom to explore. Child-to-teacher ratios may differ from state-to-state.
How can I compare daycare costs?
Daycare costs will depend upon on your child’s age when they begin care as well as the center location where you'd like to attend. To get a customized tuition quote for Bright Horizons, we will set up a Zoom or in-person meeting with you to discuss your family’s needs and calculate what tuition would look like for you.
Child Care Checklist
Comparing different care options? Print out our checklist to make it easy to make comparisons and choose the best care for your family.
More about how to choose a toddler daycareWhen you’re looking for a toddler daycare, the provider you choose will have a significant effect on your child’s growth and development. That’s why any toddler care center needs to do more than look right – it needs to feel right. When you drop off your children, you need to know that they will be safe, nurtured, and supported by skilled caregivers who will unleash their curiosity and help them take the next big steps in their growth and development.
For more than 30 years, Bright Horizons been a leader in child care and early education. Offering much more than a licensed daycare center, we provide programs that offer convenience for working parents and individualized learning experiences for your toddler.
Toddler daycare programs at Bright Horizons
Bright Horizons toddler daycare programs provide a safe environment for your newly independent toddler to test out new skills, learn how to make friends, and experience the wonder of discovery.
Bright Horizons toddler preschool programs at a glance:
- Classroom activities that engage toddlers in language and reading, fine motor skills, math, science, dramatic play, science, art, and outdoor learning
- A focus on individual growth and decision-making
- Support for each toddler’s newfound sense of independence and newly developed language and social skills
- An individualized approach to teaching that bases learning on each child’s unique interests
- A relaxed environment that nurtures self-help skills and individual development
- Safety, security and cleanliness practices that meet or exceed all state, local, and National Association for the Education of Young Children guidelines
What makes us different from other toddler daycare choices?
Bright Horizons stands apart from other toddler daycare centers by providing:
- Locations and hours designed for working families
- Well-balanced programs that nurture the whole child and prepare children for success in school and life
- A proven, research-based curriculum that reflects the latest developments in early education
- Thoughtfully created environments where children can safely explore
- Child care centers where children feel safe and loved
- Family resources that support parents as well as children