Child Care Provider
Choosing the right child care providerChoosing a child care provider is one of the most important decisions you’ll make for your child. You want to be sure that when you drop your child off in the morning, they will be safe, loved and supported by skilled teachers throughout the day who can nurture their curiosity and help them learn everything they need to be ready for school.
At Bright Horizons, we recognize that the first five years of life only come around once. We promise to provide educational instructions and joyful experiences that help your child and your family make the most of them.
Programs for infant care through pre-kindergarten
Children begin to learn by sounding out words and coloring with crayons. Before you know it, they’re writing stories and solving math problems. In between are all the building blocks of early education – the foundation that establishes a lifelong love of learning. Our carefully crafted programs are there for every step, custom-designed to encourage curious, happy and confident children at every age and stage.
Our programs include:
- Infant care programs that provide a warm, welcoming environment where your baby can grow.
- Toddler programs that empower children to be confident, successful, lifelong learners.
- Preschool programs that prepare children for school through academic and social learning.
- Pre-K programs that advance skills in core academic areas to get children ready for school.
- Kindergarten programs that develop strong literacy and math skills.
What makes Bright Horizons a premiere child care provider?Our early education and daycare centers designed to capture the joys of childhood, nurture growth and development, and pave the way for your child’s success in school and life.
Integrating child care and early education. With Bright Horizons, you don’t have to choose between a child care provider and early education. Our programs combine the quality child care your family needs with the enriching learning experiences that will help your child to flourish.
Programs for working families. As a leading child care provider, we know that success at work and home go hand in hand. That’s why we provide convenient schedules and carefully planned hours to match your family’s routine. To support your child’s education at our centers, we offer learning-at-home activities to be shared around kitchen tables, as well as parent partnership groups for support and a community that connects families to teachers.
Stay connected. Our My Bright Day™ mobile app, available in most of our centers, provides real-time updates through photos and messages about exciting milestones and important notifications.
Nutrition and wellness. Our programs are designed to start children on the path to healthy choices for life, with patrician and wellness built right into our curriculum. Our approaches to food and movement align with our commitment to Partnership for A Healthier America.
Health and safety. Our health and safety standards are the highest in the industry, meeting or exceeding all local and state guidelines.
Our approach to child care
Our research-based curriculum meets children where they are developmentally, with an approach to learning that builds confidence and excitement at every age and stage.
Highlights of our program include:
- An emergent, research-based curriculum that leverages each child’s own interests, tailoring activities and projects to encourage their curiosity.
- Exciting and immersive learning experiences that develop a foundation for future success.
- Support for the whole child, focusing on cognitive, social-emotional, and physical development.
- Development of a growth mindset where children are encouraged to ask questions and to explore their curiosity for how things work.
- Focus on executive function, where children are inspired to innovate, solve problems, and apply information creativly in resourceful ways.
- An emphasis on 21st-century skills that ensure our graduates are ready to manage the academic, social, and behavioral expectations of elementary school and beyond.
- Social-emotional learning to develop important social skills, helping children to resolve conflict, to work cooperatively, and to express themselves to classmates and teachers.
- Skill development that gives young children the ability to expand beyond strong foundations in reading, writing, and math to understand not just what to learn, but how to learn.
Our promise to you and your family
As a leading child care provider, we understand childhood is a treasured time. We believe our responsibility is to provide environments and experiences that capture the joys of childhood, nurture each child’s individual growth and development, and pave the way for future success in school and life.
Whether your child is enrolled in our infant care, toddler or preschool program, we promise to:
- Provide an integrated curriculum based on expert research
- Nurture and care for the whole child
- Implement an emergent, inquiry-based approach to learning
- Inspire curiosity and creativity through projects, exploration, and play
- Encourage children to be confident experimenters and problem solvers
- Create joyful places for childhood
- Support and develop each teacher
- Build an inclusive and respectful community
FAQs: how to choose a child care provider?
How should I choose a child care provider?
Comparing local daycares and choosing the right child care provider can be a challenge. Here are a few important criteria to look for:
- A child care provider that incorporates early education at every step.
- Well-trained teachers who are praised in parent testimonials.
- Health and safety standards that meet or surpass the local and national guidelines.
- A curriculum that includes a wide range of subjects and thoughtfully designed activities.
- Opportunities for you to be involved in your child’s day.
Does Bright Horizons offer part-time child care?
Most Bright Horizons centers offer part-time child care as well as extended hours, back-up care, and summer camp opportunities.
Where is the nearest Bright Horizons center?
To find our closest location to you, use our convenient Find a Center search tool.
How much does Bright Horizons child care cost?
Tuition varies by center, schedule, and individual classroom. To find out more about tuition, please contact your local center directly.
What happens if my nearest Bright Horizons center is full?
You can register at up to three Bright Horizons locations. If your top choice center is full, we’ll add you to our daycare waiting list and you’ll be offered a space as soon as one is available. For many families on a wait list, we offer the ability to enroll at a nearby center on a temporary basis until your first choice center becomes available.