How to compare daycare centersAs you look into options for local daycares, it can be overwhelming trying to decide which location is right for your child. Ultimately, the best daycare centers must do more than look right – they need to feel right. That’s why so many parents choose to enroll their children at Bright Horizons.
Bright Horizons child care centers offer a welcoming and supportive environment with a research-based curriculum that provides individualized learning for the early years of your child’s life. With talented and caring teachers and flexible hours and locations, Bright Horizons daycare centers provide all the ingredients for nurturing your child’s growth and development and paving the way for success in school and life.
Daycare and educational programs at Bright Horizons centers
Bright Horizons child care programs provide early learning opportunities that go beyond the experiences offered at most daycare centers. Our emergent curriculum meets each child where they are at developmentally and structures activities and learning based on their individual interests.
We offer a seamless early learning experience for the first five years of life. Our programs include:
- Infant care. Our newborn and baby daycare programs offer welcoming environments and research-based activities carefully designed to support all your child’s exciting developmental milestones.
- Toddler care. Toddler preschool programs at Bright Horizons provide a safe place for newly independent children to test out and learn new skills, make new friends, and wonder about everything.
- Preschool. Our preschool program supports children as they take chances, experiment with new things, tackle new challenges, and learn new skills.
- Pre-kindergarten. Our pre-K programs are focused on building the social and academic skills that students need to be ready for the next few years of school.
In the Bright Horizons community, education isn’t just for the classroom. We offer resources and events for parents to help support their child’s learning at home. You’ll benefit from parenting webinars, weekly newsletters, and social channels for discussions and idea-sharing, helping you to stay updated on the best ways to bring education into everyday moments at home.
The Bright Horizons difference
The Bright Horizons educational experience is designed for working families. We’ve spent over 30 years listening to what families want from child care and researching the best teaching practices to support the growth and development of a child’s early years.
Here’s what makes Bright Horizons daycare centers unique:
- Thoughtfully designed spaces that promote joy in early learning
- Passionate teachers who adapt to each child’s needs and interests
- A research-informed curriculum designed to impart a love of learning
- Convenient locations and hours to make your life easier
- Extended hours and centers that operate year-round
- A My Bright Day™ mobile app to keep you connected to your child’s day
- Programs that focus on the whole child, encouraging social, emotional, and physical development
- Centers that provide a safe and caring environment from the moment your child arrives until they are back in your arms
Our proven curriculum
Our World at Their Fingertips curriculum is designed by experts to develop active learners and creative minds, while fostering a spirit of community in the classroom.
Elements of our World at Their Fingertips curriculum include:
- Language Works: Language-rich environments and activities to build strong listening, reading, and writing skills
- Art Smart: Adventures with visual art, music, dance, and drama to unleash children’s natural creativity and encourage self-expression
- Science Rocks: Experiments that make science come alive by encouraging children to question, experiment, observe, record, describe, and form conclusions
- Math Counts: Opportunities to use counting, sorting, patterning, and problem-solving to establish a solid foundation in mathematical reasoning
- World Enrichments: Ventures outside the classroom for experiences in art, gardening, STEM, and music
- Caring Matters: Cooperative projects and playtime to promote important social and emotional development skills, including practicing positive language in communication with peers
- Well Aware: Fostering positive attitudes towards physical activity, nutrition, and healthy living
- Toward a Better World: Providing a wide range of experiences that help to develop respect for diverse people, the environment, and the world
What parents say about our daycare centers
Here’s what parents and teachers say about Bright Horizons daycare centers and early education programs.
- 98% of Bright Horizons’ parents and teachers agree Bright Horizons’ graduates entered elementary school with a strong enthusiasm for learning.
- 94% of teachers said that Bright Horizons’ graduates were ready to accept new responsibilities and greater independence.
- 97% of parents said their child entered school with the ability to approach a challenge in an innovative or creative way.
- 97% of parents report their child entered elementary school prepared and ready to meet the demands of their new school.
- More than 93% of kindergarten teachers call Bright Horizons’ graduates “school ready” with the social and academic skills (writing, reading, math) they need.
- 97% of Bright Horizons parents say their children are able to collaborate, think critically, and communicate effectively.
- 93% of teachers agree that the Bright Horizons’ graduates in their classrooms were well prepared with the literacy and math skills they needed for academic success.
FAQs: what are the best daycare centers?
What are the best daycare centers?
The most effective daycare centers combine child care with early learning experiences that help to prepare children for success in school and life. When searching for the right daycare center for your child, it’s important to look for:
- A well-rounded curriculum that builds skills in reading, math, science, creative expression, and social behavior
- Caregivers who pay attention to the unique interests and strengths of each child
- Thoughtfully designed environments that enable safe and joyful expiration
- Safety, security, and cleanliness practices that meet all state, local, and national guidelines
Is Bright Horizons a daycare center?
While we provide child care throughout the day, Bright Horizons is much more than a typical daycare center. We offer educational programs with an emergent curriculum to inspire a lifetime love of learning, and we provide individualized learning that nurtures each child in their cognitive, physical, and social development.
What age child can attend Bright horizons?
Bright Horizons offers early learning programs for newborns through pre-kindergarten students. We also offer before- and after-school programs for school-age children.
What is the cost of tuition?
Tuition based on the hours of your child’s schedule, the center location, and classroom level. Our rates are carefully set to provide the highest quality care while staying affordable for working families.
Does Bright Horizons perform background checks?
Yes, every teacher and frequent visitor at our daycare centers are thoroughly vetted with a comprehensive background check to help ensure your child’s safety. This check includes a criminal record search and cross-reference check to identify any prior convictions or suspicions. We also conduct a search of the Sexual Offender Database and the records of the Office of Foreign Asset Control. Safety is our highest priority and we conduct these searches with extreme care.
Is part-time care available?
Yes, Bright Horizons offers both full-time and part-time care plans at all our daycare centers. We also have options for back-up care and summer camp.
Where is the nearest Bright Horizons center?
Find your nearest Bright Horizons daycare center using our Find a Center search tool. If your nearest center is full, we still encourage you to register and join the daycare waiting list. You’ll be notified as soon as space becomes available, and you may be able to temporarily enroll your child at a nearby center.