Preschool is an important time step in your child’s education, full of big milestones in educational and social development. But finding a school that feels right for your child can be a challenge. You want a preschool program that will pave the way for a lifelong love of learning, but one that will also work with your family’s needs, schedule, and routine. As a leading early education and child care provider, Bright Horizons offers preschool education tailored to your child’s needs, with an approach to education crafted with 30 years of expertise. Our learning environments and curriculum are carefully designed to nurture your child’s natural strengths and allow them to unleash their curiosity.
Learn About Bright Horizons Preschool
Learn About Bright Horizons Preschool
Choosing the Right Preschool for your child
Preschool at Bright Horizons
Early Education and Preschool
Every element of our program is thoughtfully designed to help build the skills your child will need for kindergarten and beyond. At Bright Horizons, we take an emergent approach to early education that tailors activities and projects for the interests, talents, and skills of each child in the class.
Preschool is a big year! Our education experts are ready to help your family have a great preschool experience. We're ready to talk about health and safety in the preschool classroom, to answer questions about getting ready for kindergarten and to bring play into the classroom. Our preschool program is based on what research says best prepares children for kindergarten…and all the big steps ahead.
Search by Zip to find preschool at a Bright Horizons near you!
FAQs: What's the right preschool for my child?
What is preschool?
Preschool daycare is a child care program with an educational focus on providing children with the skills they’ll need to be ready for school. A good preschool is an environment where your child inspired to investigate, explore and discover. The teachers, spaces, and educational approach should open the road to successful future learning. Ultimately, the choice comes down to what feels right to you, but here are a few things to look for when deciding on a preschool:
- Diversity of activities: Research shows children today need a range of challenges to build a mix of skills. Review the preschool’s curriculum to make sure it includes activities that focus on the academic, physical, and social-emotional aspects of your child’s development.
- Parent testimonials: The opinions of other parents are a valuable way of assessing whether a preschool is right for your child. Read accounts about the quality of teaching and how teachers interact with and support each child.
- Health and safety regulations: Check with the program’s director to ensure all local, state, and national guidelines are being met. Look for close supervision of children, daily sanitizing of surfaces, secured entrances, and strict hand-washing policies in any center you consider.
How can I find a Bright Horizons preschool near me?
Most Bright Horizons centers have preschool daycare for children up to 6 years old. Learn about tuition, openings or schedule a meeting to visit our:
- Boston Preschool
- NYC Preschool
- Washington, DC Preschool
- Chicago Preschool
- San Francisco Daycare
- Los Angeles Daycare
- Seattle Daycare
What programs does Bright Horizons have?
Our early education programs offer more than daycare. Our goal is not just to help children learn, but to cultivate the joy of learning at all ages. We are currently enrolling in our:
- Preschool program: Our preschool classes are designed to prepare children for kindergarten and all the big steps ahead, supporting inquisitive young minds as they tackle new challenges, take chances, and experiment with new things.
- Pre-Kindergarten: Our kindergarten preparation programs support children during a time of enormous and exciting growth, building the academic, social, and physical skills that will get them ready for school.
- Summer camp: Through Summer Explorations at Bright Horizons®, your child will have the opportunity to enjoy everything summer has to offer.
- Toddler care: Our toddler preschool programs provide a place to test out and learn new skills, make new friends, and celebrate the joy of wonder and discovery.
- Infant care: Our newborn and baby daycare programs provide safe spaces, welcoming environments, and inspired caregivers that support all your baby’s developmental milestones
Can I visit the preschool without an appointment?
Is Bright Horizons hiring preschool daycare teachers?
Yes. Please visit our careers site to view all active Bright Horizons job openings in your area. Our careers site allows you to search for all open positions (part-time, full-time, and temporary) in our centers, including positions at client center that only enroll families who work for specific employers.
What makes Bright Horizons preschool different?
- Thoughtfully designed environments to encourage curiosity and exploration
- Compassionate teachers who are supported to stay current on the most effective techniques in early education
- A balanced curriculum proven to provide preschoolers with the academic, social, emotional, and physical skills for success in pre-K and beyond
- Flexible schedules and convenient locations that work for your schedule
- Resources for parents to help support learning at home
Bright Horizons Preschool Curriculum
Children are naturally curious and creative, and our thoroughly researched curriculum is designed to encourage their natural passion for discovery. Our preschool program encourages a passion for learning by making daily activities as enjoyable and exciting for your child as possible. We know that it works – 98% of teachers and parents agree that their Bright Horizons preschool graduates entered elementary school with a strong love for learning.
The goals of our curriculum include:
- Meeting children where they are developmentally
- Leveraging each child’s unique skills and talents to cultivate a joy for learning
- Immersing preschoolers in learning experiences using project and play-based activities
- Nurturing the whole child, including physical, cognitive, and social-emotional development
- Encouraging strong leaders and communicators by fostering important social skills in the classroom such as cooperation, self-expression, and conflict resolution
- Setting the stage for learning with inspiring environments filled with thoughtfully chosen materials
Meet Our Inspired Preschool Teachers
Preschool Program Teachers at Bright Horizons
Ask any Bright Horizons parent and they’ll tell you that our teachers are the heart of our preschool programs. We seek out individuals with a passion for education and the talent to support the natural curiosity and interests of each child.
To support our preschool teachers in their careers, we provide award-winning training and full tuition to continue their education and earn early childhood college degrees. Our teacher education programs are a hallmark of our centers, and just one more way we work to ensure the very best for children in our centers – and teachers in our field.
Meet Our Teachers
Child Care Checklist
Comparing different preschool options? Print out our checklist to make it easy to make comparisons and choose the best preschool for your family.