This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to understand and use a growing vocabulary.
- Board, piece of PVC pipe, or even a book
- Toy vehicles, small balls, or other objects that roll
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Set the board, PVC pipe, or book against a shelf or chair to make a ramp.
- Show your child how to roll the toy car down the ramp. Introduce prepositional words such as, up, down, under, over, and around.
- Try resting the board at a greater or lesser incline to change the object’s speed. Hide the vehicle under pillows or make tunnels in blankets.
Learn More: Encourage your child to show you up, over, under, and around with her body. Maybe she can crawl under the table or over a chair.