This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to use large muscles to move and balance their own body.
- Large bowl or tub
- Potting soil or garden soil (free of fertilizers or herbicides)
- Cups, scoops, and spoons
- Pie tins or muffin pans
- Flowers, sticks, rocks and other natural materials
Participants: This activity is intended for independent play, adult/child interaction, or 2 or more participants/players.
- Pour the dirt in the tub and add water to make it moist.
- Let your child explore it and squish it between their fingers. Add the cups, scoops, and spoons. Show your child how to fill pie tins or muffin tins with the mud to make mud pies.
- Decorate the pies with the natural materials.