This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to develop a sense of belonging and identity.
- Large sheet of butcher paper, cardboard, or poster board
- Markers, pencils, or crayons
- Family photos
- Tape or glue
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Make a horizontal line on the butcher paper to create a timeline of family events. Place dates of a few memorable events, such as marriages, births, getting a puppy, special achievements, etc. on the timeline. Draw boxes for illustrations and photos.
- Let your child help you choose some memorable events to add to the timeline.
- Encourage your child to add captions and descriptions, and draw illustrations or paste photos in the boxes.
Learn More: If your child is interested, try making individual timelines for family members.