3 Reasons I Chose a Child Care Near Work
- Daycare drop-off and pick-up are “easy peasy” (as my daughter would say). I don’t feel like I have to rush drop-off in the morning to get to the office since I’m already practically there. Not to mention those dreaded calls when she’s sick and needs to go home; at least I can sneak in a few extra minutes of work before I head out to pick her up.
- When I returned to work after having my daughter, I visited her all the time. Whether it was because I was having a hard time with the transition back to work and just needed some snuggles or to nurse her, it took no time at all and gave me peace of mind when I needed it most.
- She’s old enough now, but I haven’t been brave enough to take her to lunch for some quality mommy-daughter time. I just don’t see the transition from mommy time to back to school and abruptly to naptime in such a short period of time going too well. But one day soon she (and I) will be ready to test the waters and I’m sure we’ll both love it.
And there's the final reason the best child care near me was near work. While it's actually unrelated to the location of my daughter’s center, but has been essential in helping me get through the day. I know that my daughter’s teacher takes the opportunity of her classroom full of napping toddlers to update the MyBrightDay child care app with the day’s activities (and photos!). So while some like a cup of coffee or a sweet treat as an afternoon pick-me-up, I'll check the Bright Horizons app to see what my daughter’s been up to all day. It’s so fun to see the different things they end up exploring each day and how much fun she’s having— and that’s just what I need to charge through the next few hours until pick-up time!
I’m a first-time mom, employee of Bright Horizons and a foodie who loves to cook, travel, and laugh. In my free time, I like to pretend I know how to use my DSLR like a pro and do basically all things creative (major DIY-er here). I’m excited to share some of the ups-and-downs of parenthood as my husband, daughter, two dogs and I explore life as a family of five!
What to Read Next:
- Read more about daycare and child care: Choosing & Starting Child Care, What I Wish I Knew Before Starting Daycare, Baby’s First Day in Daycare
- Family Matters Webinar: Quality Early Education: Choosing What’s Best for Your Child