This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to use their senses to explore and interact with the environment.
- String or ribbon
- Metal objects, such as bells, washers, spoons, or forks
- Natural objects, such as smooth sticks or shells
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- With your child, tie metal or natural objects to the hanger to make a wind chime (drill a hole in the natural objects if necessary).
- Hang the wind chime in a tree or on a patio.
- Encourage your child to listen to the sounds the wind chime makes as it moves.