Child Care Benefits
Working parents need reliable child care in order to stay productive and engaged. Children need social development; they need to build skills that will help them get ready for school. High-quality child care offers a win-win situation — it gives employees the support they need to focus on work, and it provides children with daily opportunities for social interaction, development of problem-solving skills, and more.
And organizations benefit, too. When employees have access to child and elder care benefits, employee loyalty and retention rates go up.
Elder Care Benefits
Approximately 20 million people become elder caregivers every year. Caring for a loved one isn’t just physically exhausting — it’s also an emotional rollercoaster. According to our research, employees spend an average of four years caring for an aging loved one, and 70% of caregivers will scale back their careers at some point in order to provide such care.
Elder care benefit programs can help. Providing employees with support throughout this complex, time-consuming, and emotional responsibility can give them more time to focus on their work. Plus, back-up elder care benefits, especially, can decrease employee absenteeism by giving employees a safety net for last-minute care needs.
Bright Horizons’ Child and Elder Care Benefits
Bright Horizons provides child and elder care benefits, back-up child care, company-sponsored child care, and more for employers and employees around the world — and we’ve been doing so for decades. The family education and care benefits guide and building a child care center guide provide insight for solution and vendor evaluation.
Our elder care platform allows employees to:
- Confidentially document, store, and easily reference a care recipient's health history and care plan
- Track and manage appointments, medicine dosages, exercise regimens, and other caregiving duties
- Share information, communicate and stay in sync with family, in-home aides, and other members of the care team
- Communicate with their Care Coach and share files and information
- Reserve vetted in-home caregivers through Bright Horizons Back-Up Care (if service is available)