This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to demonstrate the use of creativity and imagination in learning and play.
- Paper and writing implements
- Cardboard tubes and boxes
- Bubble wrap
Participants: This activity is intended for independent play, adult/child interaction, or 2 or more participants/players.
- Talk with your child about sound. Where does it come from? How are sounds made? Listen to music or recordings of other sounds.
- Offer your child common household materials such as the ones listed above or others you have at home. Challenge your child to use the materials to make a “sound machine.” Try to make as many sounds as you can.
- Help your child make some written notes and plans before they start building the sound machine. Once the machine is complete, take photos of the finished project.