Learning Value: This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to use their senses to explore and interact with the environment.
- Nontoxic leaves from flowers and trees (or leafy vegetables)
- Nontoxic, washable ink pads
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Show your child the leaves, and touch and smell them. Point out differences in color, size, texture, and scent. Taste edible vegetable leaves as well.
- Press the leaves on the ink pad and then on the paper to make leaf prints (for older toddlers).
- Sort the leaves by color, shape, or size with your older child.