- 1 cup of water
- 1.5 to 2 cups cornstarch
- A small amount of natural food coloring (optional)
- Start with the water in a bowl and add the cornstarch a bit at a time.
- Keep stirring until it has a gooey consistency. You may want to use your hands.
- When the Oobleck is just right, slowly add food coloring (if you want).
- Add small amounts of cornstarch or water as needed to achieve a consistency similar to pancake batter.
- Have fun experimenting! You can slowly dip your hand into it like a liquid, but if you squeeze it, it will become a solid.
Notes: Utilize a paint smock and table covering to avoid potential staining.