This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to express, understand, and regulate emotions.
- A mirror
- Printer with ink and paper
- Book “The Way I Feel” by Janan Cain or watch online (Click Here)
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, and 2 or more participants/players.
- Read the book or watch the read aloud online with your child.
- In front of the mirror with your child, practice your facial expressions with each emotion.
- Using your camera, take a picture of your child creating each expression.
- Print out the pictures and hang in a visible space. Each day and throughout the day, have your child identify how they feel using their emotion chart.