Decades of research support the clear positive impact that attending high-quality preschool has on children’s short and long-term success. Studies show that children enrolled in preschool and pre-K programs show academic gains, improvements in social and emotional learning, and increased health and longevity. Impacts can last through elementary school and beyond.
Because the connection between quality preschool and future success is clear from research, at Bright Horizons we view our preschool program as a step towards future readiness. Learning to read, write, and do arithmetic is very important for being ready for kindergarten, but school readiness is much more than memorizing letters, facts, and figures. Learning to apply that knowledge and integrate it into real life are the future-ready skills that children truly need to be successful throughout life.
We’ve designed our preschool program to make sure learning is fun and exciting by pursuing children’s interests and building learning into everyday experiences. We help children believe in their personal abilities and skills, empowering them to grow into confident, successful, lifelong learners.
A survey of over 1,000 parents and teachers of Bright Horizons graduates has helped us to gain a better understanding of how our parents feel we support and prepare children for their transition to school:
- 97% of parents report their child entered elementary school prepared and ready to meet the demands of the new school.
- 98% of Bright Horizons’ parents and teachers agree that Bright Horizons’ graduates entered elementary school with a strong enthusiasm for learning.
- 96% of parents said their child was emotionally prepared for the requirements of the classroom.
- 94% of teachers said Bright Horizons’ graduates were ready to accept new responsibilities and greater independence.
- Over 93% of teachers agree that the Bright Horizons’ graduates in their classrooms were well-prepared with the reading and math skills they needed for academic success.
Parents and elementary school teachers overwhelmingly agree that Bright Horizons graduates leave our preschool programs with a solid foundation in cognitive and social-emotional competencies, setting them up for success in school and life.