This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to demonstrate flexibility in thoughts, actions, and behavior.
- Cardboard or construction paper
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction, and 2 or more participants/players.
(See photo examples on page 2 of the PDF)
- Cut a shape out of the cardboard or construction paper.
- Go on a walk with your child either outside or around the house.
- Stop and take notice of a whole object, such as a tree, the side of a house or building, a car, a fence, etc. Then place the cardboard template up to the object. and notice how the view changes when looking at small parts at a time.
- Discuss and ask your child open-ended questions on what they notice and feel when comparing the whole picture with small pieces.