This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to demonstrate flexibility in thoughts, actions, and behavior and use muscles to explore and interact with the environment.
- Large metal or plastic utensils, plastic cups or pitchers, plates or bowls, buckets, muffin tins, pots or pans (items that you don’t mind getting dirty)
- Table or bench
- Natural materials (whatever your child collects)
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Gather the materials and take them outside.
- Set up an outdoor “kitchen” with the items and natural materials.
- Fill a pitcher with water and pour it onto the dirt to create mud.
- Let children “cook” with mud and materials.