This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to use large muscles to move and balance own body.
- Bikes, scooters, tricycles, etc.
- Cardboard boxes or similar
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction and independent play.
- Set up the cardboard boxes in a meandering pattern on the sidewalk or your driveway.
- Encourage your child to ride their vehicle around and through the obstacle course.
- Let your child reconfigure the boxes to make new obstacle courses. Try other materials to add interest. For example, set a sprinkler on the obstacle course path for a “bike carwash” or lay bubble wrap on the ground for your child to go over.