This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to maintain focus and sustain attention and develop positive habits/ feelings around healthy foods.
- ½ Cup kale (fresh, chopped)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ Banana each
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ Lemon each (fresh, juiced)
- Blender, measuring cups, parchment paper, bag, and scissors
Participants: This activity is intended for adult/child interaction.
- Wash your hands!
- Blend all ingredients together into a smoothie-like consistency.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and pour the blended ingredients into a bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and dot the mixture onto the parchment paper to create individual bites.
- Leave in the freezer for 35-40 minutes or until solid.
- Serve and enjoy this healthy, refreshing snack!
Optional - Add additional fruits like strawberries or kiwi.