Bright Horizons’ Commitment to Privacy and Information Security
Effective from: November 2022
Last Updated: November 2022
Around the globe, parents and organizations trust us to provide high-quality education and care, operate with integrity, and empower them to thrive. Respecting and protecting privacy rights is an integral part of building and maintaining that trust.
We are fully conversant with the legislative requirements of data protection and personal data transfers at national and international levels. We view the safe and lawful processing, including transfers of personal information, as a key component of both our own business and the businesses of our clients.
The principles below form the foundation of Bright Horizons’ approach to privacy and information security and shape the way we build and provide our services and products.
Our privacy program focuses on the following key principles:
- Lawful, Fair and Transparent
- Purpose Limitation
- Data Minimization
- Storage Limitation
- Confidentiality and Security
- Data Protection by Design/Default
Our information security program follows 'defense-in-depth’ principles through layers of security measures covering people, process, physical boundaries and technology. It focuses on the following key principles:
- Management and administration processes
- Communication processes
- Hardware resources and devices
- Operating system, database, software and application resources
- Operational processes
- Physical security
- Recovery and contingency planning
- Legal and regulatory compliance
Bright Horizons’ Information Security program is ISO 27001 certified and our Privacy program is ISO 27701 certified. Click here to download a copy of our applicable ISO certifications.
On the rest of this webpage, you’ll find links to more information on our privacy and information security programs. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
HOW BRIGHT HORIZONS PROTECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Global Consumer Privacy Notice available here.
- Data Protection Agreement FAQs available here.
- Data Protection Agreement (including Standard Contractual Clauses) available here.
- Sub-Processor Listings available here.
- Transparency Report available here.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR PRIVACY AND INFORMATION SECURITY NOTIFICATIONS
If you are a corporate client of Bright Horizons and have an agreement in place with us, you may subscribe to receive privacy and information security notifications by completing the form here.