At Bright Horizons, we offer much more than daycare programs. Each of our Pittsburgh baby care centers is a place where your infant will learn, grow, and thrive in an environment designed to promote individualized learning while capturing the many joys of childhood.
Pittsburgh baby care from Bright Horizons
At Bright Horizons, babies enjoy classrooms made for exploring with teachers who support both today’s big milestones and tomorrow’s leaps toward the future. Our research-based programs have been designed by experts, facilitated by educators, and created with working parents like you in mind.
Our Pittsburgh baby care centers feature:
- High-quality child care integrated with a discovery-driven approach to learning
- A curriculum that supports whole-child development, promotes self-confidence, teaches 21st-century skills, and prepares children for success in school and life
- Highly trained, professional teachers with a passion for nurturing the development of young children
- Soft, sensory-rich spaces that offer comfort and security while inspiring curiosity and exploration, where babies can safely learn to pull up, roll over, and crawl
- Programs designed for working families, with convenient locations and hours
- A mobile app that lets you stay in touch with all the activities of your child’s day in real time
- Safety, security, and cleanliness practices that meet or exceed all national, local, and state guidelines
Your baby’s day at Bright HorizonsWhen you enroll your baby at one of our Pittsburgh baby care centers, you can be sure that every day will be full of activities that encourage exploration, promote discovery, and stimulate early learning.
- Prime times — one-on-one interactions with your baby’s primary caregiver — help build nurturing relationships through everyday moments of play, caring, and communication.
- Daily reading activities promote a love of reading, language development, and listening skills.
- Art activities encourage creativity through music, finger painting, and pretend play.
- Sign language instruction teaches your baby basic signs like “please” and “more” to help communicate needs more easily and encourage language development.
- Treasure baskets are collections of everyday and natural objects that provoke curiosity and allow babies to explore.
- Outdoor discovery time allows your child to explore nature while supporting motor and sensory development.
What parents say about our programs
Bright Horizons has been recognized worldwide as one of the leading and most trusted education care companies, and we’re proud of what parents and teachers have to say about our early learning centers and programs.
- 97% of parents say their child entered elementary school ready and prepared to meet the demands of their new learning environment.
- 98% of teachers and parents agree that graduates enter elementary school with strong enthusiasm for learning.
- 94% of teachers with Bright Horizons graduates in their classes say these children are ready to accept new responsibilities and greater independence.
- 97% of parents say their child entered school with the ability to approach challenges in innovative and creative ways.
- 93% of elementary school teachers agree that Bright Horizons graduates were well prepared with the math and literacy skills they needed to be successful.
When to look for Pittsburgh baby careFinding the right daycare center in Pittsburgh can be a time-consuming process, so it’s wise to begin as soon as you know you’re going to need daycare for your infant. Many of the best Pittsburgh daycare centers have lengthy waitlists that can make it tricky to coordinate the beginning of baby care with your return to work. Starting the process early gives you more time to narrow your choices and join waitlists.
As you look for Pittsburgh baby care options, you’ll want to consider whether a center close to home or close to work will be more convenient. Centers near work will let you stop in to visit your baby throughout your workday, while daycares close to home may offer more flexibility if you travel or work from home frequently.
Be sure to take a daycare tour of the facilities you’re most interested in and set up time to talk with center leadership.