Learn About Bright Horizons Newborn Daycare
Learn About Bright Horizons Newborn Daycare
Bright Horizons is More than Daycare
Care and Early Education for Newborns
When there’s a new baby in your life, finding the right newborn daycare is a big priority. You want a daycare that feels right, where you know your child is well-cared for – and one that can easily fit into your family’s routine. At Bright Horizons, we provide newborn daycare that offers enriching learning experiences for your child as well as convenient schedules and support for working families. With Bright Horizons, your infant will thrive in early education programs that encourage individual growth and pave the way for success in school and life. Babies enjoy classrooms made for exploring with teachers who support both today’s big milestones and tomorrow’s leaps toward the future. Search by Zip to find newborn care at a Bright Horizons near you!
The Bright Horizons® Difference
Proven Approach to Newborn Care
Research-informed care designed by caring, nurturing educators to inspire our youngest learners to become joyful, confident learners for life.
Dedicated early childhood professionals fully engaged in teaching careers, who benefit from our award-winning training and ongoing support.
Support for the Whole Family
Thoughtfully and carefully designed centers, programs, and schedules – all created with the needs of both children and parents in mind.
What You Need to Know About Newborn Daycare
How can I find newborn daycare near me?
Most Bright Horizons centers have newborn daycare for children starting at 6 weeks old. Learn about tuition, openings or schedule a meeting to visit our:
- Boston Daycare
- NYC Daycare
- Washington, DC Daycare
- Chicago Daycare
- San Francisco Daycare
- Los Angeles Daycare
- Seattle Daycare
Or, Search by Zip to find a Bright Horizons child care center in your local city.
What daycare programs does Bright Horizons have?
Our early education programs offer more than daycare. Our goal is not just to help children learn, but to cultivate the joy of learning. We are currently enrolling families in our:
- Infant care: Our newborn and baby daycare programs provide safe spaces, welcoming environments, and inspired caregivers that support all your baby’s developmental milestones.
- Toddler care: Our toddler preschool programs provide a place to test out and learn new skills, make new friends, and celebrate the joy of wonder and discovery.
- Preschool program: Our preschool classes are designed to prepare children for kindergarten and all the big steps ahead, supporting inquisitive young minds as they tackle new challenges, take chances, and experiment with new things.
- Pre-Kindergarten: Our kindergarten preparation programs support children during a time of enormous and exciting growth, building the academic, social, and physical skills that will get them ready for school.
- Summer camp: Through Summer Explorations at Bright Horizons®, your child will have the opportunity to enjoy everything summer has to offer.
How does a parent compare daycare programs?
Can a parent drop into a newborn daycare without an appointment?
Does Bright Horizons have a daycare waiting list? What do I do if I want to enroll in a program and space is not available when my family's maternity and paternity leave are over?
Is it safe to send my newborn baby to daycare?
Ask each child care provider you're considering to take the time to explain all health and safety policies to you. Consider asking:
1. How will you contact me if my baby gets sick at daycare?
2. Can a mildly ill child (stuffy nose, cough) still come to daycare?
3. How do you decide if a child needs emergency medical care?
4. Are daycare staff trained in first aid and CPR?
5. How do you approach wellness, exercise, healthy eating and self-care for babies?
Bright Horizons is trusted by parents including many doctors and nurses, to care for their children. We’ve partnered with pediatric infectious disease specialist Dr. Kristin Moffitt of Boston Children’s Hospital to implement enhanced safety protocols for all areas including daily health screening, distancing, cleaning, and disinfecting. Our goal is to ensure that all of our health and safety practices in every center are in line with recommendations provided by the CDC and requirements of state and local municipalities. All Bright Horizons centers have the well-being of children, families, and staff at their core.
What about licensing inspections?
Are there specific philosophies in daycare?
Are lower child to teacher ratios always better?
The ideal child to caregiver ratio changes as children grow. An infant needs a lot of attention to thrive, whereas a preschooler needs more freedom to explore. Child-to-teacher ratios may differ from state-to-state.
How can I compare daycare costs?
Daycare costs will depend upon on your child’s age when they begin care as well as the center location where you'd like to attend. To get a customized tuition quote for Bright Horizons, we will set up a Zoom or in-person meeting with you to discuss your family’s needs and calculate what tuition would look like for you.
Child Care Checklist
Comparing different care options? Print out our checklist to make it easy to make comparisons and choose the best care for your family.
More About Newborn Daycare
Bright Horizons: much more than newborn daycare
Bright Horizons baby daycare offers safety, security, and nurture for your baby. But we also provide early education that gives infants a head start on the cognitive, emotional, and physical skills they’ll need as they grow and mature. Our research-based programs and welcoming environments are designed to support your baby’s developmental milestones as well as tomorrow’s leaps toward the future.
Highlights of our newborn daycare programs include:
- Personalized care plans to support daily schedules and nutrition guidelines
- Classrooms designed for safe exploration
- Sensory-rich environments and soft places for crawling
- An assigned primary caregiver for caring, one-to-one moments of play and communication
- Safety, security, and cleanliness practices that meet or exceed all state, local, and national guidelines