Learn About Bright Horizons Back-Up Care Advantage
Learn About Bright Horizons Back-Up Care Advantage
About Back-Up Care
Get the back-up care advantage
Businesses today are facing a multibillion-dollar problem in lost productivity: top employees are frequently missing meetings, deadlines, and billable hours due to family emergencies they have no way of controlling or predicting. Employer-sponsored back-up care is an effective solution to this problem, providing workers with easy access to professional care at any time, in any place. Employers across many industries are using this back-up care advantage to recruit and retain the most talented workers, while increasing productivity and business continuity. Bright Horizons is a leading provider of back-up care, offering nation-wide coverage and a range of care options that include in-home care, center-based care, and emergency child care. Contact us to learn about bringing back-up care to your company.
Who Needs Back-up Care?
Retain new parents as they transition into new schedules and home demands.
Parents of Schoolagers
Solve disruptive care gaps during summer break, school closures, and throughout the year.
Employees with Senior Relatives
Address eldercare challenges with immediate help for adult dependents who live nearby and across the country.
What is the advantage of back-up care?
What is back-up care?
How do I use my Bright Horizons back-up care?
How do I bring Bright Horizons back-up care to my company as an employee benefit?
What is the advantage of back-up care for employers?
What is the advantage of back-up care for workers?
Does Bright Horizons offer in-home back-up care?
More about the advantage of back-up careBright Horizons is a leading provider of family solutions for employers, including back-up care, offering nation-wide coverage and a range of care options that include in-home care, center-based care, and emergency child care.
Why employers are adopting back-up daycare programs
Workers of every generation today are facing distinct and urgent gaps in family care. Whether it’s young children at home, care for an aging relative, or the "sandwich generation," taking care of both of those groups, workers are often torn between the need to remain productive at work and their obligation to care for dependents at home.
For employers, this tension results in lost productivity when employees must miss work to take care of emergencies. It can also cause top talent to pass on promotions, to cut back on hours or to leave the company in order to manage responsibilities at home.
The wide range of employees who struggle to balance work and home obligations may include:
- A single parent struggling to find after-school care for their school-age children
- A relocated employee who doesn’t have family living nearby to help in an emergency
- A Gen X employee with an injured spouse or an adult child who needs close attention
- A new parent trying to find temporary care as they wait for daycare opportunities to open up
- An employee in a regional office where inclement weather causes frequent disruptions
- A millennial concerned about finding care for an aging parent who lives far away
- A dual-career couple in need of short-term care when school holidays come around
Many employees end up dealing with a mix of these concerns as they take on the responsibility of caring simultaneously for young children and aging parents.
Clearly, the demand for back-up care is high, and offering family care programs can be a powerful way to retain employees, recruit top talent, and maximize efficiency in the workplace.
Back-up care with Bright Horizons
Whether they’re supporting growing children, elderly parents, or ill spouses, workers can rely on Bright Horizons to organize high-quality care for any emergency by simply making a phone call. Bright Horizons provides the back-up care advantage that enables companies to better support employees in their managing their work/life obligations and pursuing their career goals.
Our back-up care options include:
- Center-based back-up daycare at one of our 3500+ child care centers. Center-based care provides nationwide coverage that delivers care when and where employees need it.
- In-home care services that make it easy to arrange care at virtually any location. In-home care is provided by Bright Horizons caregivers or other top-rated providers who are vetted, on-boarded and trained by Bright Horizons staff.
Employees can arrange back-up care with Bright Horizons via:
- 24-Hour Call Center: Highly-trained consultants can answer questions and advise the best care options to meet employees’ needs
- Mobile App: Employees can reserve care from anywhere with just one click
- Online Platform: A comprehensive site offers self-service access as well as all the forms required for care
Back-up care advantages for workers and employers
By instituting back-up care advantages, both families and businesses receive the support they need to thrive, maximizing productivity and business continuity. For families, back-up care programs offer the assurance that in the event of an emergency, they can easily arrange quality care for any type of crisis. Back-up care allows career-oriented individuals to concentrate on their professional aspirations without the burden of managing irregular schedules and family emergencies.
For companies, the back-up care advantage involves optimal continuity from day-to-day and enhanced retention and recruitment. Back-up care helps assure that disruptions in employees’ home lives won’t become time-consuming distractions. Businesses offering back-up child care can more easily recruit top workers in every field who have or are planning to start a family. And the peace of mind and assurance that back-up care provides to workers enables top employees to continue to sustain and invest in their careers.
More Bright Horizons programs for your workforce
Sign into your benefits
Use Your Bright Horizons Back-up Care
Stuck without help today? Get temporary care for your children, parents or yourself.