A daycare focused on early educationAs you’re searching for a daycare provider, you’ll encounter a great many options and a wide range of approaches. When you want to be sure that your child is prepared academically, socially and physically for the first few years of school, choosing a daycare that’s focused on early education is a smart bet.
Bright Horizons child care centers offer far more than typical daycare experiences. With a proven curriculum and trained teachers, we not only capture the joys of childhood and nurture growth and development, but we instill a love of learning that paves the way for success in school and life.
Bright Horizons: much more than daycare
For more than 30 years, Bright Horizons child care centers have provided daycare and early education for children in the first five years of life. Our early learning programs are built on a research-based curriculum designed to meet children where they’re at developmentally, building confidence and excitement about learning at every age and stage. Our goal is not just to help children learn, but to cultivate the joy of learning.
Our programs include:
- Infant care. Our infant and baby daycare programs provide safe spaces, welcoming environments, and inspired caregivers that support all your baby’s developmental milestones.
- Toddler care. Our toddler preschool programs provide a place to test out and learn new skills, make new friends, and celebrate the joy of wonder and discovery.
- Preschool programs. Our preschool offerings are designed to prepare children for kindergarten and all the big steps ahead, supporting inquisitive young minds as they tackle new challenges, take chances, and experiment with new things.
- Pre-kindergarten. Our pre-K programs support children during a time of enormous and exciting growth, building the academic, social, and physical skills that will get them ready for school.
A curriculum that nurtures growth and development
Our emergent curriculum adopts an inquiry-based approach to learning, where activities and lessons are based on the interests of each child.
- Teaching methods based on research that identifies the most effective early learning methods
- Project and play based activities that provide exciting and immersive learning experiences
- Support for the whole child, focusing on cognitive, social-emotional, and physical development
- A growth mindset, encouraging children to ask questions to foster an interest in how the world works
- A focus on executive function, inspiring children to innovate, problem-solve, and apply information in creative ways
- 21st century skills that enable children to leave our centers confident and ready to manage the academic, social, and behavioral expectations of elementary school
- Social-emotional learning to develop important social skills, help children to express themselves, resolve conflict, and work cooperatively
- Outdoor exploration for new milestones in physical and sensory development
Our promise to parents
We recognize that the early years of your child’s life are a cherished time of memories and milestones. We promise to fill your child’s days with enriching educational experience that lays the foundation for success in elementary school and beyond.
We also promise to:
- Cultivate curiosity and creativity through projects, exploration, and play
- Encourage children to be confident experimenters and problem solvers
- Nurture and care for the whole child
- Support and develop each teacher
- Build an inclusive and respectful community
- Create joyful places for childhood learning
Our teachers — the heart of our daycare and educational programsBright Horizons teachers are passionate educators who have an amazing ability to tune into what makes each child tick and adjust their approach to optimize learning opportunities. At our local daycares and early education centers you’ll find caregivers who encourage children to wonder about the world and ask questions, sparking curiosity that leads to learning.
We support our teachers with continual training programs and certifications. We are also the first early learning organization to provide tuition benefits that allow our teachers to earn early education degrees for free. Our teachers are the heart of our programs, which is why we invest in their professional development and help them stay current on the most effective ways to educate and care for your child.
FAQs: What is Bright Horizons daycare?
What is Bright Horizons daycare?
Bright Horizons is a licensed daycare/child care provider that offers early education programs for children in the first five years of life.
How much does daycare at Bright Horizons cost?
Tuition at our child care centers varies by location, classroom level, and schedule. Our rates are set with the intention of remaining affordable for working families while ensuring we can deliver the highest quality education.
Does Bright Horizons perform background checks on daycare employees?
Yes. We perform background checks on each staff member and frequent visitors at Bright Horizons. Background checks involve a criminal record search in every county the person has lived, worked, or studied, as well as a search of the Sex Offender Database, an OFAC search, and a social security verification trace.
Is part-time daycare available?
Yes, both part-time and full-time care are available at all our daycare centers. We offer extended hours to accommodate your work schedule, back-up care for unexpected events, and summer camps for year-round coverage.
Is daycare available for children with special needs?
Yes, Bright Horizons is an inclusive community that welcomes children with special needs. We craft a care plan for special needs students designed to optimize learning and to minimize barriers and challenges. We facilitate collaboration between parents, teachers, specialists, and directors to ensure special needs are recognized and accommodated.
What happens if my local Bright Horizons center is full?
We encourage you to apply early to a Bright Horizons program to ensure that child care will be available when you need it. If your local center does not have space immediately, you can put your name on a daycare waiting list and be notified when space becomes available. In the meantime, we may be able to offer you temporary care at a nearby center.