This activity promotes development and learning by encouraging children to use large muscles to move and balance their own bodies.
Participants: This activity is intended for independent play or adult/child interaction.
Do each of the exercises below 10 times to complete the Around the World Circuit. Invite a family member to exercise with you, maybe even put on some lively music and have fun together!
See attached for example photos of the circuit (or Click Here)
- Jump rope – Pretend you have a jump rope in your hand and jump. Repeat for 10 repetitions.
- Squats – Stand with your feet a little apart, bend your knees like you are going to sit down and then come back up. Repeat for 10 repetitions.
- Mummy kicks – Keep legs and arms straight and lift one up at a time and touch the opposite hand to foot, example: right hand to left foot. Repeat 5 times each side.
- Jumping Jacks – Stand with your feet together and hands at your side. Jump your feet apart with arms up in a “V” and return to first position. Repeat for 10 repetitions.
- Run in Place – Run as fast as you can for a count of 10.
Repeat throughout the day to strengthen your body!