On this episode of The Work-Life Equation: VP moms. What does it take to rise up the ladder with a family? Helen, Christine, Jessie, and Ilene — four of our awesome Bright Horizons vice presidents — talk very candidly about what’s worked for them, what didn’t, and what they had to let go of to build the career and the family they wanted.
VP Moms: Show Notes
● 0:40: Lisa introduces our panel of VP moms: Helen, Ilene, Christine, and Jessie.
● 3:10: The moms say working with a family-friendly company was a key work-life strategy.
● 3:50: Being unapologetic helps the VP moms be successful...and stay sane.
● 5:10: Jessie asks the roundtable, “Did you have mothers who worked?”
● 6:13: Lisa asks the moms how they build their networks and parenting villages.
● 7:11: The moms reflect on how they impact the next generation of working mothers.
● 10:39: Ilene asks, “what is all?” The moms discuss the age-old concept: “having it all.”
● 15:05: Being a working mom has positive effects on their kids, our VP moms tell Lisa.
● 17:55: They all agreed: solid support, and reliable child care, helped them be successful.