Senior Manager, Educational Counseling (remote)
Are you an experienced college admissions officer who is interested in working directly with families and having a positive influence in the direction of their future? Are you seeking greater work/life balance? If so Bright Horizons College Coach might be a great fit for you. Bright Horizons College Coach has been assisting families in achieving their education goals for more than 20 years. With a strong service mission, commitment to excellence, and focus on ethical guidance, we work with tens of thousands of families through their corporate sponsored benefit and hundreds more via our more traditional independent consulting service. In both cases, we interact directly with students and parents in person, over the phone, and via Skype.
At the heart of Bright Horizons College Coach is a phenomenal group of knowledgeable, hardworking, team-oriented educators with experience at a wide range of undergraduate institutions. Our team is made up of former admissions and financial aid officers who enjoy supporting each student in finding the best fit for college. Flexibility plays a key role in our work and includes the opportunity to work remotely while engaging with colleagues on a daily basis.
The Senior Manager will guide our various clients through the college admissions process, helping students present and maximize their unique strengths, accomplishments, and potential in a student-focused and ethical way.
As the Senior Manager, Educational Counseling, you will:
- Support students and families through all aspects of the college admission process, including managing expectations and goals.
- Present workshops on a full spectrum of educational topics, such as admission to four-year colleges, guidance for STEM applicants, and admissions basics for families new to the process.
- Work with a diverse group of students and parents at various socioeconomic levels to help them successfully navigate the education system.
- Collaborate with an experienced and engaged team of admissions and college finance experts to maintain the most up-to-date knowledge in the field.
What we hope you will bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 3 plus years of experience in selective college admissions required; college counseling experience a plus
- Passion for higher education and a commitment to increasing education access for a broad constituency of students and parents
- Confident presence, strong relationship building skills, and a professional manner
- Creative, strategic thinking
- Strong editing and writing ability coupled with attention to detail
- Superior presentation skills in both large group and individual settings
- High degree of integrity
- Great time management and organization abilities
- Interest in working in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Comfort level with technology, including Microsoft Office and internet research
Having Technical Issues with Your Application
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the recruitment helpdesk at 855-877-6866 or email@example.com. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.