Choosing the right preschool for your childPreschool is an important time step in your child’s education, full of big milestones in educational and social development. But finding a school that feels right for your child can be a challenge. You want a preschool program that will pave the way for a lifelong love of learning, but one that will also work with your family’s needs, schedule, and routine.
As a leading early education and child care provider, Bright Horizons offers preschool education tailored to your child’s needs, with an approach to education crafted with 30 years of expertise. Our learning environments and curriculum are carefully designed to nurture your child’s natural strengths and allow them to unleash their curiosity, learning everything they need to be ready for school.
Preschool with Bright Horizons
Every element of our program is thoughtfully designed to help build the skills your child will need for kindergarten and beyond. At Bright Horizons, we take an emergent approach to early education that tailors activities and projects for the interests, talents, and skills of each child in the class.
Highlights of our preschool program:
- A focus on problem-solving and decision-making to promote self-confidence at an early age.
- Opportunities for creative expression through literacy, music, visual arts, and writing.
- Experiments with science, technology, engineering, and math to build future-forward skills.
- A range of activity formats to encourage both self-directed discovery and group cooperation.
- Health and safety standards that meet or exceed the guidelines set by all levels of government.
In addition to preschool programs, Bright Horizons offers infant and toddler child care, nursery schools, and pre-kindergarten programs to provide a continuous early education experience for your child.
What makes Bright Horizons preschool different?
What makes our preschool programs exceptional?
- Thoughtfully designed environments to encourage curiosity and exploration
- Compassionate teachers who are supported to stay current on the most effective techniques in early education
- A balanced curriculum proven to provide preschoolers with the academic, social, emotional, and physical skills for success in pre-K and beyond
- Flexible schedules and convenient locations that work for your schedule
- Resources for parents to help support learning at home
Our preschool curriculum
Children are naturally curious and creative, and our thoroughly researched World at Their Fingertips® curriculum is designed to encourage their natural passion for discovery. Our toddler preschools encourage a passion for learning by making daily activities as enjoyable and exciting for your child as possible. We know that it works – 98% of teachers and parents agree that their Bright Horizons preschool graduates entered elementary school with a strong love for learning.
The goals of our World at Their Fingertips® curriculum include:
- Meeting children where they are developmentally
- Leveraging each child’s unique skills and talents to cultivate a joy for learning
- Immersing preschoolers in learning experiences using project and play-based activities
- Nurturing the whole child, including physical, cognitive, and social-emotional development
- Encouraging strong leaders and communicators by fostering important social skills in the classroom such as cooperation, self-expression, and conflict resolution
- Setting the stage for learning with inspiring environments filled with thoughtfully chosen materials
Meet our inspired teachersAt the center of each Bright Horizons preschool daycare are the remarkable teachers who have dedicated their careers to early childhood education. Parents have called our teachers “magical” for their amazing ability to observe what makes each child tick and to support those very things that ensure the most individualized learning path.
We believe that investing in our teachers is the best way to support your child’s development. That’s why we fully fund our teachers’ tuition for early education degrees so they can further their skills and lead the way in preschool education. Bright Horizons teachers also benefit from our award-winning training, including our nationally-recognized eCDA Child Development Associate credential.
FAQs: What’s the right preschool for my child?
What’s important in a preschool?
A good preschool is an environment where your child inspired to investigate, explore and discover. The teachers, spaces, and educational approach should open the road to successful future learning. Ultimately, the choice comes down to what feels right to you, but here are a few things to look for when deciding on a preschool:
- Diversity of activities: Research shows children today need a range of challenges to build a mix of skills. Review the preschool’s curriculum to make sure it includes activities that focus on the academic, physical, and social-emotional aspects of your child’s development.
- Parent testimonials: The opinions of other parents are a valuable way of assessing whether a preschool is right for your child. Read accounts about the quality of teaching and how teachers interact with and support each child.
- Health and safety regulations: Check with the program’s director to ensure all local, state, and national guidelines are being met. Look for close supervision of children, daily sanitizing of surfaces, secured entrances, and strict hand-washing policies in any center you consider.
Can I visit my child during the day at Bright Horizons?
Yes. We encourage parents to visit their preschoolers during the school day. Our open-door policy enables greater parent involvement in the classroom, supporting your child’s educational development.
Does Bright Horizons offer part-time preschool?
Yes. Customized part-time and full-time care plans are available for all our preschools. Your local center will work with you to create a convenient schedule for your family. We also offer back-up care and summer camp to meet your child care needs.
Where can I find a Bright Horizons preschool near me?
Use our convenient Find a Center search tool to locate the closest preschool to you