What’s important when considering nursery schools?In the years before elementary school, children are making huge developmental leaps, learning to express themselves, explore the world, and make friends. Nursery schools help support their growth and development while instilling a love for learning.
Finding the right nursery school for your family can be a challenge. More than simply choosing a licensed daycare, you want a place that can capture the joys of childhood while providing the academic, social, and physical skills that will pave the way for success in school and life.
As a leading child care provider, Bright Horizons offers nursery schools that combine child care with early education, providing individualized learning to inspire your child, one curious moment at a time.
Bright Horizon nursery school programsBright Horizons offers nursery school programs for every stage and age. Our centers, programs, and schedules are carefully designed to meet the needs of both children and parents, and to inspire young minds to be curious and creative.
From newborn daycare and toddler care to our preschool daycare programs and pre-k schools, we offer a seamless child care and educational experience for the first five years of life. Your child will thrive in classrooms where learning comes alive, filled with age-appropriate activities and materials that provoke curiosity at each developmental stage.
A unique approach to nursery school education
The Bright Horizons World at Their Fingertips® curriculum is designed by experts to meet children where they are developmentally, leveraging each child’s interests to structure daily activities and create an individualized learning path.
Our programs offer:
- Joyful, appropriate, and meaningful learning that encourages investigation, exploration, and discovery
- Well-rounded care with attention to cognitive, social, and physical development
- A focus on promoting independence and self-confidence
- Learning approaches that adapt to each child, incorporating their strengths and interests
- Confidence-building opportunities to make decisions and solve problems
- Stem learning that promotes future-forward skills
- Safety, security, and cleanliness practices that meet or exceed all state, local, national guidelines
Our curriculum for Bright Horizons nursery schools and other programs is based on Signature Practices that include:
- Language Works: Cultivating a lifelong love of language, books, and reading through listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities that are integrated into a language-rich environment.
- Math Counts: Establishing a solid foundation in mathematical reasoning through experiences with one-to-one correspondence, counting, sorting, patterning, and problem-solving.
- Science Rocks: Stimulating a sense of wonder and making science come alive by encouraging children to question, experiment, observe, record, describe, and form conclusions.
- Art Smart: Helping children express themselves artistically and encouraging interest in fine art, music, theater, and dance experiences.
- Well Aware: Incorporating healthful habits into daily routines by fostering positive attitudes towards healthy living, physical activity, and nutrition.
- Toward a Better World: Offering experiences for children to learn respect for our world, its diverse people, and the environment.
- Caring Matters: Promoting important social and emotional development skills including positive language with peers and the ability to initiate interactions and exhibit self-control.
Meet our nursery school teachersBright Horizons teachers are compassionate individuals with a natural talent for finding the unique strengths and interests of each child. Parents have described the teachers in our nursery school programs as “amazing” and “magical” for their ability to nurture each child in an individualized way as they tackle new challenges and reach big milestones.
In 2018, we were the first early learning organization to offer full financial support for our teachers to earn college degrees in early education. We also provide ongoing, award-winning training, helping our caregivers to stay current with the latest research and techniques in early education.
About Bright Horizons nursery schools and child care programs
Bright Horizons is leading the way in child care and early education. Our programs are crafted with over 30 years of experience, research, and time spent listening to what working families need from child care.
Our nursery schools offer:
- Locations and hours that fit the needs of working families
- Teachers who are current on the most effective education techniques
- A proven curriculum based on the latest research on early education
- Programs that nurture the whole child (social, emotional, physical)
- Centers that make sure children feel safe and loved
- Resources that support parents as well as children
FAQs: what are nursery schools?What are nursery schools?
Nursery schools are early education programs, typically for children age 2 through 4, with an educational curriculum that prepares children for success in kindergarten and beyond.
What are Bright Horizons nursery schools?
Bright Horizons nursery schools are child care centers that feature a research-based curriculum that nurtures each child’s individual growth and development while preparing them academically for the big years ahead. Our emergent approach encourages children to learn, experiment, and create by leveraging their unique interests. We recognize that children are natural scientists, inventors, and explorers. We build on those interests to make learning meaningful and fun.
What’s the cost of tuition?
Tuition varies by center location, class, and schedule. Our rates are thoughtfully set to maintain competitive salaries for our teachers and quality materials for our classrooms while the minimizing impact on families.
Are there programs for children with special needs?
Yes. Bright Horizons has successfully accommodated a wide range of special needs and individual differences in our group programs. We support a collective team approach where parents, specialists, and Bright Horizons educators work closely to maximize each child’s learning opportunities and to eliminate barriers or safety issues.
Does Bright Horizons offer part-time programs?
Yes. Bright Horizons centers offer both full-time and part-time care, along with back-up care and summer camps.
Where is the nearest Bright Horizons nursery school near me?
To find the Bright Horizon center nearest you, enter your zip code into our Find a Center search tool.
What happens if my local center doesn’t have space available?
If your closest location is full at the time you apply, we encourage you to register anyway and put your name on a waiting list. You can register at up to three Bright Horizons locations, and we may be able to provide you with temporary care at a nearby center until space in your first choice nursery school becomes available.