The challenge of finding newborn daycareWhen there’s a new baby in your life, finding the right newborn daycare is a big priority. You want a daycare that feels right, where you know your child is well-cared for – and one that can easily fit into your family’s routine.
At Bright Horizons, we provide newborn daycare that offers enriching learning experiences for your child as well as convenient schedules and support for working families. With Bright Horizons, your infant will thrive in early education programs that encourage individual growth and pave the way for success in school and life.
Bright Horizons: much more than newborn daycare
Bright Horizons baby daycare offers safety, security, and nurture for your baby. But we also provide early education that gives infants a head start on the cognitive, emotional, and physical skills they’ll need as they grow and mature. Our research-based programs and welcoming environments are designed to support your baby’s developmental milestones as well as tomorrow’s leaps toward the future.
Highlights of our newborn daycare programs include:
- Personalized care plans to support daily schedules and nutrition guidelines
- Classrooms designed for safe exploration
- Sensory-rich environments and soft places for crawling
- An assigned primary caregiver for caring, one-to-one moments of play and communication
- Safety, security, and cleanliness practices that meet or exceed all state, local, and national guidelines
Our World at Their Fingertips® curriculum includes six signature practices for newborn daycare that stimulate early learning.
- Daily Reading to support listening, build vocabulary, and instill a love of reading
- Sign Language where children learn basic signs such as “more” and “please” to enhance communication and build language development
- Art Activities that spark creativity through finger painting, music, and pretend play
- Prime Times that include moments of one-on-one interaction to build nurturing relationships
- Treasure Baskets full of natural and everyday objects that encourage exploration and stimulate curiosity
- Outdoor Discovery where children have time explore nature and build motor skills
The Bright Horizons Difference
Our unique approach to early education is built on 30 years of expertise, and on what working families have told us they want for their children and themselves. Our programs provide:
- Support for the whole family, with thoughtfully designed programs, schedules, and spaces created to meet the needs of children as well as their families
- Highly qualified teachers – dedicated early childhood professionals who benefit from Bright Horizons’ award-winning training and ongoing support
- A successful approach to education, with a curriculum based on research and designed to encourage children to think, wonder, and question on their own
Our promise to you and your baby
As Bright Horizons caregivers we promise to provide:
- A balanced curriculum based on expert research
- Nurture and care for the whole child
- Encouragement for children as they learn to experiment and solve problems
- Cultivation of curiosity and creativity through exploration and play
- Environments that create joyful experiences
- Support for each teacher in their professional development
- A community founded on respect and inclusivity
Bright Horizons: individualized learning to inspire your childSince 1986, Bright Horizons has been providing newborn daycare, toddler daycare and early education programs designed to capture the joys of childhood, nurture each child’s individual growth and development, and provide everything children need to be ready for school.
Because every child learns differently, and our curriculum focuses on exploring the individual interests of each child – even as early as infancy – to nurture their sense of discovery and joy of learning. Our programs meet children where they are developmentally, using Signature Practices to build confidence and excitement about learning at every age and stage.
At the heart of each Bright Horizons center are teachers with the skills, passion, and dedication to make early education a career. Our supportive caregivers have been described by parents as “magical” for their ability to understand what motivates each child and to nurture those things that support each child’s development.
FAQs: what should I look for in newborn daycare?
What should I look for in newborn daycare?
With so many options for newborn daycare, it can be hard to know which to choose. While the best daycare is the one that feels right to you, here are a few things to look for as you compare newborn daycare opportunities.
- Thoughtfully designed spaces that feel welcoming and joyful
- Qualified teachers who incorporate early education into newborns’ care routines
- Flexible care plans and schedules that fit your work schedule
- Teaching practices that adapt to each child’s unique interests and needs
How much does newborn daycare cost at Bright Horizons?
The cost of tuition varies based on your center’s location and your schedule. For more information about tuition, reach out to your nearest center directly.
Where is the Bright Horizons nearest to me?
You can find the most convenient newborn daycare for you through the Find a Center feature on our website.
Can I visit my baby during the day?
Yes. Our open-door policy for parents encourages you to visit your baby at any time throughout the day. We want you to be as involved in your infant’s care as possible.
Are Bright Horizons staff trained in CPR and first aid?
Every Bright Horizons staff member is certified in CPR and first aid. This training is a mandatory part of new employee education, along with completion of local licensing requirements.
Does Bright Horizons offer part-time newborn daycare?
Yes, part-time infant care is available at all our locations. We know having a new baby can be stressful on family schedules, which is why we offer a range of care plans, including both full-time care and customized part-time schedules.